So, the baptism was this past weekend! It was beautiful! I loved being apart of it! We arrived on Friday at about nine thirty, and had a rough start to the night... Dylan didn't go to bed until midnight that night, and was up at six the next morning. So... no sleeping in for me. We stayed at Catherine's, who conveniently lived across the street from the church the baptism was going to be, so I didn't have to travel far to get there.
I saw my brother on Saturday night, which was amazing. I didn't get to see him on Christmas, so it was great seeing him again. I miss him... Catherine treated me to a manicure and pedicure, was I loved! I bought new shoes, and the new toes looked great in them! It just felt great getting out and having some woman time for me. I can probably afford to get them done regularly, because frankly, my feet need it, but I don't have the time to do it. Between Nick, the kids, work, and everything that needs to be done in my house, when would I have any time to have a manicure???
I was a little sad, because one of my best friends had to run to Barrie... we were going to do lunch, but her grandmother-in-law isn't doing so hot... so they had to run and see how she was doing. She's getting her enhanced license, so I'm thinking I'll be seeing her fairly soon. Johna is coming up in May, so I'll be seeing her, Rob and the kids in less then a month. I was disappointed that I couldn't see her house, but we had to get going on Sunday to pick up my beautiful Dakota. She got beautified and was all fluffy and white! I love it when she gets groomed.
My quilting classes! I'm so proud of myself. I made two put holders, and two table runners! The table runners just have to be finished, but that won't take me much time. I have to call at the end of this month, and see about the follow up class to the beginner class. I'm excited about it!! This next class, I'm thinking we're making a quilt! I've already decided that I'm going to make Catherine some placemats. I bought the pattern for them, so now all I need is the fabric for them. They shouldn't take me that long to do... I'm guessing a weekend, since I'm making eight of them. I know her colors she wants, so this has given me a little incentive to keep doing it.
6 mon
15 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment