Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I've made a choice for me...

So, I've decided that helping out my SIL probably isn't for me. A friend of mine called me and asked me to do a spa night for her. She started selling this skin care stuff called Arbonne. We did foot soaks and facials, and had some great girl time. Once the party was over, I talked things over with my friend and another woman who was doing it who was an Regional Vice President.

This is something that sounds great for what I want to do. It allows me to be flexible with my current job, and I can work around the boys doc appts., and baseball games. I can even do it around my summer schedule. I've already specked out what I'm going to buy for the parties, and what I'm going to buy to make myself organized filing wise... it just seems like this is for me. I've been wanting something for awhile that will allow me the flexibility to stay at home, and work around holidays and Colin being out of school. I'm hoping that I can work it so well, and be able to get Dylan out of daycare. It's costing a lot of money... and I would love to be able to put that back into the bank account.

I'm having trouble starting it, as I don't know a lot of women to do the parties, but I have to push myself to get over my shyness of calling people. I have to push myself over that last mental hurdle. It's a little frightening to call someone you haven't seen or talked to in six+ years to ask them to do a party for you. I've told her I'm doing it, and I'm going to. I've made the list of people that I'm going to ask to do a party. Nick isn't supportive of it, but that's no surprise. He thinks I'm gullible, and basically stupid for believing in this over priced shit. Whatever.

I'm not going into this blindly. I've done some conf. calls with the company. I've looked at the website. I've done my homework on this, and I feel that I do very well at this once it gets started. I see my friend doing so well at this, that it makes me want to try to see if I can succeed at it. I went to a meeting, and I fell in love with this company, and I fell in love with the people who do it. It's women who support each other, and help each other grow in this company.

So, I haven't got a party booked yet, but I'm hoping in the few weeks I can say that my calender is booked for next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment